What does the future have in store for automated vehicles?
Elsevier's Automated Vehicle Research Hub has compiled a series of relevant recent articles on the topic of autonomous vehicle research. Follow the links below to read the articles, free to access until September 30th, 2018.
- Bellem, H., Thiel, B., Schrauf, M., & Krems, J. F. (2018). Comfort in automated driving: An analysis of preferences for different automated driving styles and their dependence on personality traits. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 55, 90-100.
- Blömacher, K., Nöcker, G., & Huff, M. (2018). The role of system description for conditionally automated vehicles. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 54, 159-170.
- Hensher, D. A. (2018). Tackling road congestion – What might it look like in the future under a collaborative and connected mobility model? Transport Policy, 66, A1-A8.
- Kraft, A.K., Naujoks, F., Wörle, J., & Neukum, A. (2018). The impact of an in-vehicle display on glance distribution in partially automated driving in an on-road experiment. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 52, 40-50.
- Milakis, D., Kroesen, M., & van Wee, B. (2018). Implications of automated vehicles for accessibility and location choices: Evidence from an expert-based experiment. Journal of Transport Geography, 68, 142-148.
- Nielsen, T. A. S., & Haustein, S. (2018). On sceptics and enthusiasts: What are the expectations towards self-driving cars? Transport Policy, 66, 49-55.
- Puylaert, S., Snelder, M., van Nes, R., & van Arem, B. (2018). Mobility impacts of early forms of automated driving – A system dynamic approach. Transport Policy.
- Salonen, A. O. (2018). Passenger's subjective traffic safety, in-vehicle security and emergency management in the driverless shuttle bus in Finland. Transport Policy, 61, 106-110.
- Sanbonmatsu, D. M., Strayer, D. L., Yu, Z., Biondi, F., & Cooper, J. M. (2018). Cognitive underpinnings of beliefs and confidence in beliefs about fully automated vehicles. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 55, 114-122.
- Thigpen, C. G. (2018). Giving parking the time of day: A case study of a novel parking occupancy measure and an evaluation of infill development and carsharing as solutions to parking oversupply. Research in Transportation Business & Management.
- Vogelpohl, T., Kühn, M., Hummel, T., Gehlert, T., & Vollrath, M. (2018). Transitioning to manual driving requires additional time after automation deactivation. Transportation Research Part F: Traffic Psychology and Behaviour, 55, 464-482.