Call for Abstracts: WCTR Young Researchers' Conference
WCTRS-Y is a one-day conference which will be held on the first day of the World Conference on Transport Research (WCTR), at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India, on 26th May 2019.
Dedicated to the next generation of transport academics, professionals and experts, the WCTR-Y presents the work and achievements of PhD students, post-doctoral fellows and young researchers, giving them the opportunity to play a major role in the scientific progress, and to discuss and interchange on new developments and ideas in transportation.
Papers will be peer-reviewed using the same criteria as the ones used in the WCTR conference. The best papers will automatically qualify for the nominations to the Young Prize and for special issues of academic journals from the WCTR conference.
In addition to the presentation of a limited number of selected high-quality conference papers, WCTR-Y will also include special sessions targeted towards the academic and professional development of young researchers during which they will be able to interact with and learn from their peers and seniors.
The theme of WCTR-Y 2019 is “The Future of Transportation”. Sample topics welcomed by the conference include but are not limited to:
- Smart Cities and Future Mobility
- Mobility as a Service (MaaS)
- Green Transport
- Active Transportation
- Integrated Planning for Transportation (Including Freight Transportation) and Resilient Transport Systems
- Advanced Traffic Management, Operations, and Safety
- Papers should be exclusively authored and presented by young members.
- Young members are under 35 years before 26th May 2019, or have completed their PhD no more than four years prior to this date.
- WCTRS-Y participants have to register to the main WCTR by 14th December 2018. No extra fee is required. There is no day delegate registration. Check the WCTR conference website for more information on registration.
- Deadline for submission of extended abstracts: 31st August 2018
- Notification of acceptance of abstracts: 14th September 2018
- Deadline for submission of full-length papers: 2nd November 2018
- Notification of acceptance of papers: 30th November 2018
- Author registration deadline: 14th December 2018
- Submission of final papers: 8th February 2019
Extended abstracts should summarise the research study in no more than 1,500 words, state clearly its objectives, methodology and present and discuss the results. There is no template for extended abstracts.
Guidelines for the papers are provided on the main conference website.